About the role
We are searching for a creative engineer to work under a fixed contract beginning in 2021.
New product development is the life blood of Aarke’s business, with big and small ideas alike being realized and applied to premium user experience by a highly skilled team of designers and engineers. The Creative Engineer is a true product enthusiast who aims to make the most out of every opportunity, to create the most elegant solution to every problem, and wants to be the best teammate within a fantastic group of colleagues.
- Defining key product specification targets, with emphasis on technical feasibility, based on market and user requirements.
- Product development, for example: - Providing full specification and design for key solution assemblies - Steering external resources—such as mechanical, system or electrical engineers—to ensure the total product offering is on target - Facilitating and contributing to problem-solving sessions in all development phases
- Turning sketch ideas into manufacturable items with suitable materials, production processes and abilities in mind.
- Driving primary research development activities and projects with Aarke R&D to deliver technical innovations to future and existing Aarke products.
- Transforming technical solutions and requirements into quantitative test requirements for project testing and production quality control.
- Collaborating with Aarke’s sourcing department review options for components, processes and production sites.
- Technical ownership of developed platforms.
Who are you?
To be the lead engineer for our internal projects, you must be a strong communicator, a skilled problem solver and a driven mechanical engineer.
In this role you must have an understanding of the engineering behind the product as well as the consumer experience. We describe ourselves as creative and curious, characteristics we look for in this position as well.
Additionally, you need to be result-oriented and have a solid understanding of general mechanical and electrical engineering.
You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant engineering field as well as a few years of relevant experience, preferably within new product development of consumer electronics and/or home appliances.
Project management has been a natural part of your experiences and you know how to create structure for your workflow.
You are used to communicating in English, and are an experienced CAD user.
This position is a full-time role with a fixed term 12-month contract. You will be based in our modern and spacious office in the heart of Stockholm in Skanstull, Södermalm.
The work environment at Aarke is highly creative and full of passionate team-players, a global network and excellent opportunities to grow as an individual. We push and motivate each other and aim to use our skills to actively challenge the home appliances industry. As a member of this team, you will be part of a great international collective and shape the Aarke brand with new ideas and processes as we grow the business.
Our process includes assessment tests, interviews, case work and reference checks. At Aarke we value a positive candidate experience and work actively to achieve this.
Please note that applications for this role will be reviewed in January following the Christmas holidays.
At Aarke, we do not discriminate based on gender, race, sexual orientation, creed, or background. Constant change, learning, and evolution are core tenets of our brand mission, and are equally as relevant when it comes to diversity and social awareness.
Aarke is a Swedish design company with a range of premium home essentials engineered to elevate everyday routines. Founded in 2013, we are on a mission to re(de)fine the home appliances industry. Our first product, the Aarke Carbonator, has gained a cult following around the world with customers from more than 30 countries. In a category of products that has been forgotten by the design community, Aarke aims to merge made-to-last quality, premium materials and a unique design approach.