New product development is the core of Aarke’s success. We create big and small innovations and refine them into both beautiful and user-centric product concepts, always with quality and sustainability in mind. As a Creative Engineer you are a true product enthusiast, you understand the value of design as well as elegant engineering solutions.
The work environment at Aarke is always evolving and full is of passionate team-players. We describe ourselves as creative and curious, characteristics we look for in you as well. You enjoy working in a team of varied individuals, with respect for others experience and a willingness to share your own. You share our belief that culture – art, design, food, music, crafts, or something else – is an integral part of life and helps us find new ways of solving problems.
· Defining key product specification targets, with emphasis on technical feasibility, based on market and user requirements.
· Product development, for example:
- Providing full specification and design for key solution assemblies
- Steering external resources—such as mechanical, system or electrical engineers—to ensure the total product offering is on target
- Facilitating and contributing to problem-solving sessions in all development phases
- Prototyping designs and technical solutions and evaluating the results.
· Turning sketch ideas into manufacturable items with suitable materials, production processes and abilities in mind.
· Driving primary research development activities and projects with Aarke R&D to deliver technical innovations to future and existing Aarke products.
· Transforming technical solutions and requirements into quantitative test requirements for project testing and production quality control.
· Collaborating with Aarke’s sourcing department review options for components, processes and production sites.
· Technical ownership of developed platforms.
About the role
To be the lead engineer for our internal projects, you must be a strong communicator, a skilled problem solver and a driven development engineer.
You need to have an understanding of the engineering behind the finished product as well as the total consumer experience. You have an interest in design and an understanding of the importance of design decisions in the development process.
Additionally, you need to be result-oriented and have a solid understanding of general mechanical and electrical engineering.
You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant engineering field as well as a few years of relevant experience, preferably within new product development of consumer electronics and/or home appliances. You know your way around a prototyping workshop and can quickly turn ideas into physical concepts.
Project management has been a natural part of your experiences and you know how to create structure for your workflow.
You are used to communicating in English, and are an experienced CAD user.
This position is a full-time role. You will be based in our modern and spacious office in the heart of Stockholm in Skanstull, Södermalm.
The work environment at Aarke is highly creative and full of passionate team-players, a global network and excellent opportunities to grow as an individual. We push and motivate each other and aim to use our skills to actively challenge the home appliances industry. As a member of this team, you will be part of a great international collective and shape the Aarke brand with new ideas and processes as we grow the business.
As a member of this team, you will be part of a great international collective and shape the Aarke brand with new ideas and processes as we grow the business.
Our process includes assessment tests, interviews, case work and reference checks. At Aarke we value a positive candidate experience and work actively to achieve this.
At Aarke, we do not discriminate based on gender, race, sexual orientation, creed, or background. Constant change, learning, and evolution are core tenets of our brand mission, and are equally as relevant when it comes to diversity and social awareness.
Aarke is a Swedish design company with a range of premium home essentials engineered to elevate everyday routines. Founded in 2013, we are on a mission to re(de)fine the home appliances industry. Our first product, the Aarke Carbonator, has gained a cult following around the world with customers from more than 30 countries. In a category of products that has been forgotten by the design community, Aarke aims to merge made-to-last quality, premium materials and a unique design approach.