Aarke´s award-winning sparkling water makers, water filters and electric kettles are designed in Sweden and sold in over 30 markets worldwide. Aarke has built an international reputation for innovative thinking, product development and striking design. Founded in 2013 by two experienced industrial designers, the brand is on a mission to redefine the home appliances industry.
Aarke prides itself on taking ideas from concept to market, always pushing and testing the boundaries of innovation and technology, with design, quality and sustainability as guiding principles. We are now looking to strengthen our R&D team with a Mechanical Designer.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Mechanical Designer at Aarke, you will be involved in the following tasks – Have the following responsibilities:
- Drive the mechanical engineering development in projects and product care activities.
- Evaluating concepts and reviewing designs
- Proposing and preparing as well as carrying out verification of designs
- Define technical requirements on products and services.
- Contributing to the technical product strategy and to Aarke’s technical research activities.
- Ensure accurate planning, follow up and monitoring of all activities within designated area.
- CAD modelling as well as preparing/performing calculations and simulations on virtual and physical models.
- Preparing specifications such as drawings, test plans and production methods/processes.
- Lead the collaborative mechanical engineering with main suppliers and key sub suppliers
Like the rest of us at Aarke Product Development, you are a passionate product nerd with a keen interest in design and premium user experiences. You can deal with ambiguity and plan for several possible ways to success. We believe that the person we are looking for is both practical and theoretical, but most of all a skilled mechanical engineer with a strong sense of on-time-delivery of projects and tasks. As a person, we believe that you are positive, committed to what you do and a good communicator. Here at Aarke we value strong collaboration skills, you are a team player who wants to learn from others while also sharing your own skills.
Aarke continues to expand as a global business, and as we grow it is of the utmost importance for us to build a strong sense of community and culture. With this in mind, we will value both your personal characteristics as well as your professional experience.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have experience from similar positions in other companies, preferably consumer products in an International setting. You are the go-to-person when it comes to mechanical design and understanding the relation between different disciplines such as mechanics, manufacturing processes and electronics. You can translate user insights into technical requirements, set up test criteria for these requirements and communicate them effectively to other stakeholders. You have an analytical mindset and enjoy investigating problems and workshopping solutions.
In addition, you have/are:
- At least 5 years of work experience in relevant technical fields (product design/product development/mechanical engineering) – preferably in consumer products
- MSc or other engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Independent, driven, structured as a person.
- Good knowledge in at least one CAD software
- A peoples person with social skills.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Used to physical prototyping and hands-on testing
It’s a bonus if you have experience from consumer products with electronics and embedded software – if it is only a personal interest, we would love to see your latest Raspberry Pi-project
What we can offer you
At Aarke you get to work with products that people relate to and aspire to own. You will be part of a hardworking, fun, interesting and diverse group of professionals from different backgrounds with the clear intention to support change from careless consumerism to more conscious behaviors. We are constantly looking to improve our way of working and you are welcome and expected to support and influence our growth journey. We share our progress and success with each other. Aarke has been awarded the Dagens Industri Gasell Growth award in 2021 and 2022. Aarke has a hybrid work model, where we offer remote work two days per week.
Aarke collaborates with the recruiting company Dinkel & Friends AB to fill this position. For more information email Jessica Dinkel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Aarke requests that all questions regarding this position is handled by Dinkel & Friends.
Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than January 5th, 2024.
Start: As soon as possible
Work extent: Full time, 6 months of probationary will apply
Location: New location, Vasastaden, Stockholm Q1 2024.
Aarke is a Swedish design company. We engineer premium home essentials purposefully designed to fuse luxury with everyday use. https://www.aarke.com/